Sunday, September 14, 2008

Lovely Rachel


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting











Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting










This morning, just after breakfast, my youngest daughter and I



went for a leisurely walk. Just the two of us. Me in my slippers and her in the stroller.









Wanting to bring back a bouquet of morning wildflowers for our table



we stopped frequently to gather buds of every variety along our road.












My daughter spotted a butterfly wing fluttering amongst a clump of wild daisies...












Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting






As I peered between the stems of the tiny flowers, instead of a butterfly



we found a lovely young faerie child blinking at me...



In her astonishment she dropped a small bouquet that was in her hand,



sweeping back her mane of brownish auburn hair



that was dancing freely in the breeze.






Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting






I was sure that no one at home would want to miss



meeting this beautiful wee creature we had found,



so I invited her to come with me for a visit.






Surprisingly, she agreed...










Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Carefully I carried her in my hand as I pushed the stroller back to the house.



After introducing her to all the excited children, she told me in no



uncertain terms that she must now be on her way....



but would I first adjust her hair just right



for she was on a most important journey.






Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting






She told me her name was Rachel. She also asked me to tie back her



flowing hair in four sections so it would be pretty and neat when she



arrived at her destination.



I happily complied then helped straighten her princess gown for her flight...













Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting







I took her right back to the daisy clump where I had found her.

















By this time it was early afternoon and I found myself very reluctant to let her go.



She was an unusual mix of determination and gentleness that is a rare gift indeed.



When I asked her of her route, she mischievously smiled



and said it was her heart that was her guide...







Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


After gathering her bouquet again,



off she flew on a fragrant wildflower breeze,



following the winds of her heart.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and Thank You for visiting my blog...I would love to hear from you. Your thoughts are always welcome!
Rose